The Democratic Party of Evanston creates political change.
We are independent activists who engage and mobilize the public and organize to elect progressive Democrats.
We empower people to make a difference.
As one of the most active committees the Finance Committee recommends and coordinates fund-raising activities. This involves thinking of new events, planning events, and running events like the 4th of July Picnic.
- Chair: Ellen Collar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- David Carson (email@example.com)
- Dan Lowman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kay Shannon (email@example.com)
- Marie Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Communications Committee's responsibility is to manage the dialog between Democratic Party of Evanston's members and the Board; inform the media of events, positions and statements; and coordinate activities to advertise Democratic Party events to the members and the public. In achieving those tasks it also maintains the mailing lists and this web site.
- John Welch (email@example.com)
- Adam Finlayson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- John Zbesko (email@example.com)
The key component of the Democratic Party of Evanston are its members, and without them it would not exist. It's the Membership Committee's job to design and coordinate activities to recruit new members, maintain our membership records and collect the membership dues.
- Joanne Zolomij (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brian Miller (email@example.com)
- Shannon Seiberling (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What issues are important to you? And what are you going to do about it? The Issues Committee tackles important current issues through education and advocacy. The Issues Committee meets the second Wednesday of the month at 7:15 pm at the Party office. Contact committee chairman Jonathan Nieuwsma if you'd like to join us for lively discussions and action oriented community organizing.